Friday, September 26, 2008

Fell Off the Face of the Earth

No, I didn't die. I'm just back in my little corner of the world in Rexburg, Idaho. I'm now about three weeks into my junior year and I love being back. There's such a good atmosphere here it almost makes the winters bearable. I haven't posted in a while because either I have too much going on or I feel like there's nothing interesting to say, but I'm back. Maybe it will be a little easier now that I'm settled. Although, I don't anticipate a lot of down time with 18 credits, but at least I'm living with Erin again and that's always good.
Classes are good. I'm taking three English classes, two Humanities, and D&C. Most people think I'm crazy when I tell them I love my grammar class, but I do! I'm just an English nerd at heart. I also love being a Humanities minor because we get to discuss classic works of art and occasionally see them in person. This week I went with my American Humanities class to Yellowstone and the Buffalo Bill museum in Cody, WY. It was so much fun,
This week I also did something for the first time: I donated blood. One of my roommates' boyfriend works for the Red Cross and we decided to go as an apartment and donate. I wasn't really nervous and thankfully I don't get queasy at the sight of blood. Although, I must have looked a little sickly because when the woman was taking my blood she asked me if I was OK like five times. It's just the anticipation that kills you. Anyway, being back at school just feels like home away from home.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Great job donating. I haven't done that before, unless you count blood test when you are pregnant! Just kidding.